What Does "Tough Shit" Mean?"Tough shit" is an expression of a lack of sympathy.
"Tough shit" is a crude, informal expression in English. It's generally used to show a lack of sympathy towards someone's unfortunate situation or to suggest that the person will just have to deal with the problem or situation. It's akin to saying, "That's too bad, but there's nothing that can be done about it." For example:
- You're broken hearted and you'll never love again? Tough shit. Welcome to the the real world.
- Tough shit, you lost. Dry your eyes and try again.
Check out our complete guide to talking shit.
Image for Tough Shit
When I write Tough Shit, I mean this:
"Expression of Lack of Sympathy"
Summary of Key Points"Expression of Lack of Sympathy" is the most common definition for Tough Shit on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Expression of Lack of Sympathy|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of Tough Shit Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAPESHIT (state of extreme anger, excitement, or agitation) AS SHIT (expression of intensity or emphasis) BATSHIT (irrational, crazy, or mentally unstable) BULLSHIT (false, deceptive, exaggerated, or nonsensical) CHICKENSHIT (cowardly, timid, or unimportant) CRAZY SHIT (extremely unusual, bizarre, or unexpected) DEEP SHIT (extremely difficult, problematic, or serious situation) DIPSHIT (foolish, idiotic, or incompetent person) DOGSHIT (poor quality, worthless, or disappointing) FEEL SHIT (feel bad, unwell, or miserable)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.