What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does Alt-Right Mean?Alt-Right means "Alternative Right."
The term "alt-right" is a shortened form of "alternative right" and refers to a far-right political ideology or movement. It emerged in the United States during the 2010s and gained attention during the 2016 presidential election. The alt-right is characterized by a range of beliefs and ideas, but it is often associated with white nationalism, ethno-nationalism, and white supremacism.
The alt-right movement primarily gained traction online, using platforms such as social media and internet forums to spread its ideas. It attracted a diverse range of individuals, including white nationalists, anti-Semites, anti-feminists, and anti-immigration activists. The movement rejected mainstream conservatism and sought to challenge and subvert traditional political norms.
Some key beliefs associated with the alt-right include:
- White identity and preservation: Alt-right proponents emphasize the preservation of white European culture, heritage, and identity. They often argue for the importance of maintaining a majority white population and oppose multiculturalism.
- Ethno-nationalism: The alt-right advocates for the establishment of ethno-states, where people of a specific ethnicity or race would live separately from others.
- Anti-globalism: Many alt-right followers reject globalization, seeing it as a threat to national identity and sovereignty. They often oppose free trade agreements, international organizations, and immigration.
- Anti-feminism: The movement is critical of feminism and often promotes traditional gender roles. Some alt-right members argue that feminism has harmed Western societies and weakened traditional family structures.
- Anti-Semitism: A significant faction of the alt-right holds anti-Semitic views, believing in Jewish control or influence over various societal institutions, such as media, finance, and politics.
- Internet culture and memes: The alt-right has embraced internet culture and frequently employs memes and online trolling to spread its messages and provoke reactions.
Image for ALT-RIGHTWhen I write ALT-RIGHT, I mean this: Supporters of former President Trump inside the Capitol building.
Summary of Key Points"Alternative Right" is the most common definition for Alt-Right on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about Alt-Right:
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at Alt-RightThe term alt-right can be considered a neologism. A neologism is a newly coined word or phrase that has recently come into use or has been created to describe a new concept, idea, or phenomenon. Neologisms can be created in any language and can take different forms, such as:
- A new meaning for an existing word (e.g., cloud, mood, sick, tweet, viral).
- A completely new word (e.g., fomo, selfie, emoji).
- A new combination of existing words, or words with prefixes or suffixes (e.g., cloutrage, digital detox, situationship, oversharing, antifragile).
Example of Alt-Right Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what Alt-Right means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?